Tuesday, June 12, 2012

I Hate Today

The day started with me jumping awake because I rolled over to check how much longer till the alarm was going to go off, only to realize that it was 630 and I had already missed the alarm. At some point last night I turned off my alarm. I guess my brain thought that I was tired and needed more sleep. Not an unreasonable assumption given the fact that last night I was so tired I was in tears.

The problem is when I start a day already in a heightened state of anxiety my day doesn't get better.

I didn't get a coffee in me until 9. That doesn't sound like a big deal, but I had already been at work for 2 hours by that point.

I didn't get to eat until 1, roughly half way through my shift.

From the start of my day to the end of my day I was running around confused and exhausted. I was taking Dr's orders and helping to control pt's. It really didn't help that today for whatever reason we had two pt's that had to be restrained. Another pt was under close observation (well okay it's the psych ward, everyone is under close observation), and kept eyeing the doors.

That's all I can really say.

The day sucked.

No comments:

Post a Comment