Thursday, June 14, 2012

Redirecting

Has anyone ever been 100% sure of anything? Like really? Because I can't think of a time. Except for those times that you're 100% sure you have to pee. I'm always pretty clear on that. I put it off from time to time, but I still always know.

I ask this question because I seem to be having a hard time with this when it comes to my ex. Since I can't say things like "never" or "yes I'm 100% sure" I don't get any where with him. When I do say it he can tell that I'm just saying it to get him to shut up, which to normal people might get him to shut up, but he's not all that normal and this doesn't work that way.

As of right now I just got off the phone with him and I am exhausted. I can't even tell you what half the conversation was about since I haven't got a single idea what I said or what he said, and I swear to god I was listening.  The problem is we seem to go in circles, and while I remain firm on what I think he seems to think that anything positive I have to say means he has a way in. The only way I could get around this is to lie about stuff and I'm just not willing to do that any more.

I feel like I am at the end of my rope. How do you break up with someone you still care about? Is it really impossible to be friends with an ex? If it is, why is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment