Tuesday, August 07, 2012

All Better...ish.

I don't know if anyone remembers, but about a month and a half ago my little Bean broke her leg, in this freak tricycle accident. Three weeks ago she got her cast off. Two weeks ago I took her splint off so that I could see if she was ready to go. After a week and a bit of watching her hobble along and trying to get back to where she was before she broke her leg, I am happy to report that, other than a small barely noticeable limp, Bean is now running around again as though nothing even happened.

I would post a picture but she's running around so freaking fast that there really is no way to take a picture. Other than when she's sleeping. Trust me I'll bombard you guys with pictures of a wonderful sleeping Bean later, but that's not part of this story.

The good news is, her leg is 100% healed. The weird news is the fact that apparently with breaks this young in life there is a chance that her one leg, the one that broke, might grow faster than the other leg. This is something I knew nothing about, and I'm in the health care field!

I can't help but wonder if this will happen, and if she'll end up walking in circles constantly because the left leg will take bigger steps than the right leg. Or! Maybe she'll end up having to wear a stilt on just one leg so that she can walk normally.

Alright, probably time to get off the computer.

P.S. The Dr. said that it can be fixed just fine if this happens, and that's why we are going back to him in a year to double check.

No comments:

Post a Comment